ETA Blog

Monday, July 24, 2006

Pinks Hot Dogs

Leaving Las Vegas on June 28, the valet at the Flamingo when asked where to get a good hot dog (now that my favorite 3/4 pound all-beef hot dog is gone along with the Westward Ho) replied - "Pinks - at the Aladdin." Off I went - following the signs in the Aladdin to the Zanzibar Cafe.

I order for the group - 7 Pink's Hot Dogs to go - with mustard and onion.

Imagine my shock when I got my credit card statement! Almost $70 for 7 hot dogs!

Upon calling the Aladdin the manager was almost incredulous that we thought it a bit much! "That's how much we charge for hot dogs." - $6.95 + 18% for the carryout (packaging I guess).

The $6.95 includes a side and the dogs ala carte should have been less. After all, at Pink's in Hollywood - the cost is a mere $2.85.

Pink's Hot Dog was excellent - but not worth $6.95. Nathans and Dearborn Sausage still remain the dawgs of choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home